Wednesday 17 January 2007

New Year, New Start

Wednesday 17 January 2007
So Happy New Year. Better late than never I guess :)

I'm not really big on New Year's resolutions but I have two goals for 2007 which are:

1. Stop talking and get acting on weight loss. I'm more determined than ever and have lost 3lb in the last week which is great. I've pretty much totally cut out soft drinks and am drinking much more water, I'm having an actimel a day which is really making a difference and no chocolate, crisps, biscuits or cake.

2. Spend less money. Given we want to move house and have another baby we need to curb our spending big time so I'm taking control of the finances and really counting pennies.

As well as those I shall be sticking to my 50 Project Stash challenge and extending that to cover papercraft stash and books as those are my only other expenditures really.

I'm also going to try and read more. My goal is 20 books this year which I'm ashamed to say is realistic for my current lifestyle. Ashamed because I'm more than capable of reading 20 books in a month (and have done so on many occasions) but given Lia, work, housework and other hobbies I'm putting 20 as a goal and any more as a bonus.

Junk clearance is also still large on the agenda. We did so well last year and I'm much better at moving things on once I've finished with them than I was. This year I'm hoping it's clothes that get more organised as I've got lots of hardly worn stuff in smaller sizes so as I lose weight, old clothes will go and I've got a new wardrobe ready and waiting.

Picture organisation. I want to make two scrapbooks - one of our wedding and one of Lia's first year so I will be making a start on those too.

I also want us to get away a couple of times just the three of us. A long weekend break somewhere in England and a long weekend somewhere in Europe (other than Greece). Given my SIL will be getting married (again) sometime this year we will be in Greece for a couple of weeks at some point but I'm not going to Greece more than once this year.

So what does 2007 hold for the Family V? Well, it's another baby boom year with the first one already having made an entrance on 6th January and five more being due between now and July. One of those babies will make me an Aunt for the first time at the end of March (DH's Sis) and one will make me a Great Aunt at the beginning of July!!! An Aunt and a Great Aunt in the same year!

The thing is that my half sister is 24 years older than me so my neice who is pregnant is only three years younger than me. Even spookier my Sis and DH's Mum were born two months apart, they both had daughters within a month of each other and now those daughters are due to give birth within three months of each other. Isn't it weird how these things come about?

Work wise I will be learning many more skills this year which can only be a good thing. It also means I will be using my brain much more which again, can only be a good thing. I tend to coast a lot at work as much is boring and repetitive so it'll be good to have something to focus on.

I would also like to think that we'll be at least trying to make baby 2 by the end of the year and also will have moved house. I won't be overly disappointed if that's not the case but I am determined that both of those will happen before the end of 2008 if we decide to put them off for a while.

So that's the start of 2007 for me. I'll be putting more links into my sidebar as I'll be keeping track of the books I read as well as my Cross Stitch projects and, as always there'll be plenty of news about Lia (who is doing really well at the moment which is great)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Joy!

I'm going to be joining you on the reading challenge - it seems to take me ages to read a book because I only usually read just before I go to sleep, but I'm now actively trying to read when I would normally be on the PC. Talking of which...;)

 

Total Pageviews