Thursday 10 February 2011

Silly Safari Quilt

Thursday 10 February 2011
This again is a quilt I started a very long time ago.  I should add that I made four quilts out of this fabric collection and gifted them to various baby boys so I was kind of 'safaried' out after that.  I also knew that it wasn't something that Lia would appreciate so I'll admit that I put it aside in the hope that I would have a boy myself at some point.

So now I have I need to get it finished up.  I've got all the blocks made and all the strips for the border cut so I just need to get my finger out and put it all together. Here's a taste of the fabrics:


The backing fabric is the centre fabric of the bottom left hand block and I also have a fat quarter of labels (not sure if that's the right term but they're little squares each with a pic of one of the animals in) that I'm thinking to applique on the blocks with the plain colour squares in the centre (bottom right)

2 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

It is really bright, cheerful fabric, it will be a lovely child's quilt.

Zoe said...

Pretty fabric- so close to being done too- I find cutting is the slowest part! Good luck on finishing it!

 

Total Pageviews