Saturday 19 February 2011

A Weekend with Mr Darcy

Saturday 19 February 2011
AKA book number 10 read this year.

The book is by Victoria Connelly, another new author to me and is well and truly in the realm of chick lit.

The story takes place at a Jane Austin conference and focuses on two women and their love lives. I have to say there is absolutely no surprise as to the outcome of the book but it was a fun quick read. The characters in the book are obsessed with all things Jane Austin and I did find myself moved to read her novels myself (I read two or three a long time ago but so long ago I don't really remember them).

The author obviously has a love of Austin herself (it is very well researched) to the extent that her next novel is called 'Dreaming of Mr Darcy' and it would appear from the taster chapter that is included at the end of this novel that the story is likely to be very similar.

A recommended read only if you like your fiction fluffy, girly and ever so slightly predictable.

I should also say that I can count, books 7, 8 and 9 read this year were the final three Harry Potter books.

0 comments:

 

Total Pageviews