Friday 25 February 2011

The Brightest Star in the Sky

Friday 25 February 2011
by Marian Keyes is the 11th book I've read this year and I totally loved it.  I have read several of her novels before and really enjoyed them and this was one of those 'can't put it down till I've finished it' books for me.

Review is a teeny bit of a spoiler so be warned

It tells the story of a group of people who all live in flats at the same address.  A 'presence' appears that the reader comes to realise is a baby waiting to choose it's parents.  This presence flits in and out of the lives of those at 66 Star Street and gets to know them through their current activities and their memories and, at the end of the novel it picks the couple it wants.

It's an interesting idea and, in my humble opinion, a good way of pushing the narative along.  The characters are all really well drawn and likable and there are some unexpected twists that keep you guessing till quite near the end which revolves around an event that I really didn't see coming.

So this one is a definite recommend for me - Keyes is a fab writer and I am now looking forward to the next novel from her.

0 comments:

 

Total Pageviews