Sunday 6 February 2011

We Interrupt the Usual Schedule

Sunday 6 February 2011
To let you know that the lurgy monster has well and truly lurched back into existence and has dumped a shed load of lurgy in my ear!  I have never in my life had an ear infection but I sure as heck have one now.

I woke up on Tuesday last deaf in my right ear and basically every time I attempted to get vertical I threw up (which made the trip to the Drs extremely interesting).  I get extreme travel sickness and even a normal head cold can leave me throwing up for days so you can imagine anything going on with my ear has the same effect.  I have been taking antibiotics for five days and the underlying infection seems to be cleared up but the ear still feels it needs to 'pop' and until that happens I guess I won't stop feeling really nauseous.

The good news is that I can just about stay upright and, as long as I keep my head perfectly still, I can surf and read.  Not that I've had the energy to read anything much so, whilst I have finished books 5 and 6 of the year I have reverted back to Harry Potter (books 3 and 4).  Still, given I haven't managed to stitch anything at least I should be grateful I can do something to stop me going totally mad with boredom (TV makes the sickness worse and radio doesn't work due to my current wonky hearing).

So thank you all for your recent comments on my WIPs (scheduled blog posts I should add) and I apologise to Lesleyanne - I haven't forgotten I said I'd get that code to you I just haven't gotten around to it.

Once this annoying ear sorts itself I will be getting the sewing machine out as I have set myself a crazy task of stitching 'goody bags' for the family party at the end of April - I think I need to do about 100!!!!!

ps - a quick look at Wikipedia tells me that a 'Dilly bag' is a traditional Aboriginal bag worn around the neck to transport food in.  The design is from The Cat's Whiskers, an Ozzie design company, so I guess that's why they picked the name.  This one comes with a needlecase, scissor keep and fob and I can't see me ever wearing it round my neck!

Here's a pic of what it should look vaguely like when I get it made!

4 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. I really hope you feel better soon. Somebody in blogging world posted about tabs so I have been able to do them. Thank you so much for offering though.

Erin (moviemuse) said...

So sorry about the ear infection! I've had several as an adult, and even without the terrible side effects you have (that must be no fun at all!), they are not fun. I have usually finished the antibiotics before my ear even thinks about popping. Mine tends to gurgle for a few days before finally clearing up. Hope it clears up soon!

Joyus said...

Thanks for letting me know Erin, I've had some gurgling yesterday and today and don't finish the antibiotics till tues so fingers crossed it won't be long!

Mad about Craft said...

Horrible!!!

Love the bag and thank you for the explaination.

 

Total Pageviews