Well it's that time of the month again and I've yet again only managed a couple of posts between this and the last WIPocalypse post.
April was my birthday month and because of this I allowed myself new starts. I also was celebrating because I finished up Cirque. Here it is in all its glory:
And here's a close up of the colours:
It's stitched on 28ct black Murano and used 'Aurora's Flame' from The Thread Gatherers Silk 'n Colours.
I didn't have any other finishes this month so here's my new starts and other WIPs:
The Flock from SamSarah Designs. This is a 12 part chart release and we've had the first two so far. I got them as a birthday present and this is a chunk of the first chart done:
Bugz and Birds from Lizzie*Kate. A pitiful new start but it's my travelling piece and I haven't been anywhere to work on it this month LOL.
And my third new start which was a 15 sided biscornu from Sue Hawkins. I have swapped out three of the five colours that came in the kit because they just weren't bright enough for me!
I also worked on my Alphabet:
and on Witchy Washy:
So my needle has been flying this month! I am now focusing on Witchy Washy as it's the third piece I want to finish for framing and I must get it and Cirque out to the framer before the end of this month. Unfortunately for me I fell foul of 'overdyed thread colour change curse' and had to completely frog the tree that is on the left hand side of the design because the skein of Sable I used was much too brown and the broom got lost in the tree (I stitched the tree first). I did try stitching the broom handle much darker but the bristles still got lost in the tree roots plus I didn't like how dark the handle looked.
Much cursing later I'd frogged the entire tree and the broom handle...
I've tried a different colour all together for the tree that looks more like the model pic but I'm thinking that's too grey so I'm currently working on the rest of the design and mulling over my options for the trees.
20 minutes ago