Monday 3 April 2006

10 Months Old

Monday 3 April 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again, where does the time go?

Lia seems more and more like a proper little person every day. She pulled herself up onto her feet several times this weekend and is making attempts at walking when someone is holding her hands. Okay, she tends to walk backwards (a kind of slo-mo moon walk) but she's doing it.

Crawling is still reduced to dragging herself along on her tummy although she's mastered being on all fours, just not moving in that position. She's also finally sitting herself up properly which she hasn't bothered to do before as it's easier to shout till someone helps her.

She cut another tooth on the way to nursery this morning so that's tooth number three, middle top left. Hopefully the top two will come through quite quickly now as that'll help her eat. She manages quite well with just the bottom two but I haven't given her anything like carrot yet as she needs the four teeth to get through something that hard.

She also seems to have grown over the last week or so. She's as long as her changing mat now and her legs are definitely longer all of a sudden (I'm really happy as I hope she doesn't have as short legs as I do).

That's about it for her this month but I think that's more than enough to be going on with.

In other news the Big Fat Greek Celebration is coming on a bit. We've got the caterers, DF and I just need to tweak the menu a bit to suit our tastes (and not his mothers). I also need to make sure there's enough veggie options as some of the guests are veggie and the Greeks don't seem to be able to cope with that.

I spent this weekend making invites, most of which went in the post this morning. I still had to put 'to be confirmed' next to the wedding info but if I wait till things are confirmed we'll actually be sending them out about a week before the event!

We also went shopping for table favours and place settings last week as there's a new shop opened in town selling all you could possibly want (and more) for weddings. I feel a bit better knowing that we've got these things and so at least part of the wedding is being organised by me and DF and we're not just ending up with whatever his mother decides on.

I picked red and silver as the colour scheme as that's my favourite and as it's neither just a wedding or just a christening I felt we could go with whatever we choose (I don't want pink at all). Besides, I've got a red skirt for the event (which I don't think my Mother is too impressed by) so the reception will match me! LOL

We've got all the official papers together and put the notices of intent to marry in the local Register Office here and a local paper in Athens. Now we've just got to go to the British Consulate and the Greek Embassy to get them stamped and translated.

So nothing too complicated then...

That's all for now I think. I started the 101 challenge this weekend and have bought a diary to keep track of things. It appeals to my control freak nature and I just love making lists. I also think it'll help divert some of my frustration from not being able to do much with the whole BFGC.

I'll get a pic or two of Lia to post up in the next couple of days (if I can get her to stay still long enough!)

0 comments:

 

Total Pageviews