Tuesday 10 March 2009

Isn't it weird...

Tuesday 10 March 2009
How some things you just don't enjoy stitching on?

As I'm going through my WIPs I'm remembering why some of them got put aside. For example I'm currently stitching on Tournicoton's Couer de Brodeuse and I'm really struggling to get motivated with it. I love the finished piece but the stitching is a real bitch.

Not that I could really tell you why of course, it's nothing spectacular but maybe it's the fact there's a lot of little motifs scattered around so the floss changes are constant plus it switches between over one, over two and speciality stitches all the time.

Whatever it is I am definitely not enjoying this weeks rotation piece! However, the good thing is that the rotation will keep me stitching on it till it's done which never used to happen. I'm pretty sure that I can get on and finish the stitching by the time it's slot is over (Saturday) so if I keep on keeping on I won't have to bother with it again.

I felt a similar thing with Charlie is Born, he's a lovely finish but he wasn't great to stitch - the charts were a bit jumbled and there were lots of half stitches that were easy to miss. It's a shame because there's three more designs in the series that I have to do!

I've also decided to retire a couple of WIPs this month. I've been looking at them all in the light of 'not enjoying stitching on them' and I think the reason that some were put aside was that I just didn't like the fabric / floss choices. Lost in a Blackwork Maze and Spring Lineup have gone and I think I'm going to ditch Garden Party and Cut Thru Fairy Hill too. This leaves two free 'WIP' slots in my rotation so I'm going to have a look at what isn't on the list to get a turn this year and slot a couple of the others in - probably Heavens Above and Be Attitudes.

This is the first time that I'll have given up on stitching something but I think for my sanity it's probably the best thing to do.

0 comments:

 

Total Pageviews