Friday, 19 June 2009

Jelly Rolls

Friday, 19 June 2009
For Erin, and possibly some confused English people!

A jelly roll is a collection of strips of fabric cut the width of the fabric (so about 44" long) and 2.5" wide. They come rolled together and tied up in a bundle so they resemble a Jelly Roll, or what we'd call a Swiss Roll in the UK.

I don't normally like jelly rolls, too much fabric not to my taste in them, and obviously they can be quite restrictive given you don't have any fabric more than 2.5" wide but this roll jumped off the shelf and into my arms screaming 'buy me Joy, I was made for you' LOL. There are tons and tons of books out there with jelly roll designs in and you never know, I may end up doing another one at some point, it'll take an equally lovely roll to entice me again though...

Here's a link so you can see some


Erin said...

Very interesting! I've only seen the fat quarter stacks and the square stacks (usually 3, 4, or 6 inch squares). It is possible they have stuff like this, but I don't recall seeing them. A quilter would know, I'm sure. I'm just a vicarious one right now.


Total Pageviews