Monday 25 April 2011

I made a quilt!!!

Monday 25 April 2011
Okay it's something I've done before but it's definitely not something I've done for a while LOL.

This was actually destined for my son at one point - to the extent that I'd cut it and started putting the piano key border together - but now it's being gifted to a friend who had a little boy a month ago after five years of trying and six miscarriages.

It was a kit from The Bramble Patch and I quilted it very simply - between the blocks, round the border and every eighth 'key' on the outer border.  Because I'd done all the cutting and some of the sewing I managed to get the whole thing put together yesterday including the binding so it's ready for me to take tomorrow when I go and meet the little guy

5 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful quilt, I'm sure she'll love it for her new little boy.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely quilt for your friend.

Kathy A. said...

You certainly did. What a lovely gift for a much loved little boy!

Zoe said...

Beautiful- love all the bright colors and the animals!

Jo said...

Absolutely gorgeoud Joy - and such a lovely gift. I think that maybe you're inspiring me to do some quilting...

 

Total Pageviews