Tuesday 16 August 2011

4 Wishes Finish!

Tuesday 16 August 2011
Wow, three finishes this month, that's some kind of record for me LOL.

So here it is, a bit wonky but I'm sure you'll forgive...


Not bad for a WIP that started out like this in January:


I did make a couple of alterations - I left of the final snowflake band as I think it's better without it plus I started it and felt it just didn't show up very well.  I also didn't stitch the over 1 acorns in the Autumn band, basically because I couldn't be bothered and I don't think the piece loses anything without them.

There's an error in one of the verses (an extra thread between letters) and an error in the border on the left corrected by an extra thread at the bottom.  Unfortunately for me I'm a bit picky about things like this and I know that I'll always notice the errors.  I'm not correcting them now though, I'm hoping that I can convince myself I don't need to LOL.

8 comments:

geeky Heather said...

That is beautiful! Congratulations!

I understand about not being bothered...that looks like a LOT of color changes and I think I'd be bothered by them! =)

Shebafudge said...

Really pretty. Congratulations on the finish!

Erin (moviemuse) said...

I think it looks great just as it is. Well done!

Sheila said...

I can´t spot your personalised changes :) It looks great to me .´

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your finish. It is lovely. I don't worry about mistakes as usually it is only me that knows their there and I like to think I am making it personal to me. I am sure you can convince yourself lol.

Sue said...

Congratulations, it's a great finish.

Astrids dragon said...

It looks great! I know it's frustrating when you know you've made mistakes, but no one else will notice!

Kaisievic said...

The Amish always make a mistake in their quilting as only God can make perfection. Beautiful work, well done!
K xoxox

 

Total Pageviews