Wednesday 25 January 2012

Books read

Wednesday 25 January 2012
I've been zooming through books recently and my 2012 finish list looks like this:

6th Jan - The Magic of Christmas by Trisha Ashley
7th Jan - Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley (yes I did indulge myself and spend a whole day on the sofa reading!)
20th Jan - Starter for Ten by David Nicholls
23rd Jan - Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell - M.C. Beaton
25th Jan - Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came - M.C. Beaton

I enjoyed all of them although none of them were more than light reads really but that's exactly what I need right now. I found the Agatha Raisin books by chance a couple of years ago as The Book People did a 10 pack of the first 10 in the series and they're good for a quick read - murder mysteries of the fluffy kind. I discovered they had a second 10 pack at the beginning of the year and couldn't resist (£10 for 10 books!) There are currently 22 in the series so I'm sure at some point I'll get the last two.

I read One Day by David Nicholls last year (although I didn't bother to see the film as I enjoyed the book enough to be sure the film would probably disappoint). Starter for Ten wasn't as good (IMHO) but it was a fun read.

2 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

I thought I was doing well - I am on my third book for the year. Must have similar tastes I am read the Magic of Christmas and 12 Days and am currently reading Agatha and the Vet and have read the first one as well.

Kaisievic said...

Hi Joyous, thanks for your book recommendations - I have downloaded both Trisha Ashley and a couple of Agatha Raisin books to put on my kindle. You might like to try Yrsa Sigurdardottir - she has written some cosy mysteries set in Iceland. I posted about them on my blog a little while ago.

Hugs, kaye xoxox

 

Total Pageviews