Wednesday 24 August 2005

Clickety Click

Wednesday 24 August 2005
No, not a post about bingo, rather a post about hips.

When DD had her post-natal check up whilst we were still in hospital after the birth they diagnosed that she has a 'clicky hip'. This would be the technical term for a hip joint that clicks slightly. Now there's a medical term I can get to grips with!

Anyway, they told me that it wasn't anything to really worry about but I'd get an appointment through to take DD to the hospital at some point just to have it checked out. That some point was today.

So, the morning was spent organising myself to be ready to get me, her and all the junk I now need with me when I step out of the house, there on time. I then had to wake her up from her morning nap which absolutely kills me as I spend so much of my life trying to get her to sleep I can't believe it when I have to wake her up.

Anyway, we arrived at the hospital in plenty of time and despite me dreading the usual wait we were seen only 15 mins after our appointment time which was amazing. DD did manage to sick up all over me though but I guess the paediatric staff are used to parents and children who smell vaguely of regurgitated milk so I didn't let it bother me.

DD was undressed and the Doctor preceeded to wiggle DD's legs around and push them into very undignified positions for a young lady after which she announced that the click was still there and we had to go for an ultrasound.

Great, more waiting around.

But no, we were seen quite quickly (DD was building up for some serious yelling by this point so I think they bumped us up the queue!) She was again undressed, covered in goo and pushed into wierd poses (less undignified as she was lying on her side) and scanned until it was announced that she has perfect hip joints.

This means that the clicking is coming from a ligament rather than from the joint itself so we can rest assured that it'll go away of its own accord and we won't have to go back for further tests.

Just as well really as she managed to wee all over herself whilst lying down and both me and the nurse got seriously messy trying to clear it up...

0 comments:

 

Total Pageviews