Tuesday 30 August 2005

Mummy knows best

Tuesday 30 August 2005
Okay, the baby rice experiment is well and truly over for now.

DD is not showing any outward signs of distress but there has been a huge increase in the amount of poo - six nappies full today instead of one (and the day is only half over!) - and I don't feel this is right.

I only gave her about a dozen baby spoonfuls of the stuff each day for three days and half of that didn't actually get swallowed - it's certainly not in proportion to what I'm getting back!

So I'm stopping.

I've decided for the moment to give DD two bottles a day instead of one and the second of those will be 'extra strength' formula (for hungrier babies). There's no point in me trying to feed her up if she's evacuating everything she's being given.

The next weigh in is a week on friday so we'll see what two weeks of extra formula can do.

0 comments:

 

Total Pageviews