Wednesday 4 February 2009

Snow!

Wednesday 4 February 2009
I've been wishing for snow for weeks and weeks and what happens when we finally get some? I'm was in bed suffering from a nasty head cold that was making me throw up.

Poor Lia didn't get a snowman this time although she did have some fun outside but I wasn't in any state to join her, DH was working hard and my Mum is a little old to be risking slipping over outside, so all she really got to do was run around and throw snow about. Still, she had lots of fun which is the main thing.

I'm up and about again, and back to work, and the snow has all but gone with no more forecast in our neck of the woods. I'm kind of disappointed but also a bit relieved as we have a 100 mile drive on Friday to take Mum home where I'll be attending a quilting class on Saturday and then we're visiting friends on the homeward trip on Sunday. I think I'd be more disappointed to miss that lot than not to have more snow.

I have managed a bit of stitching and have almost completed the next two words on the Lizzie*Kate Boo Club - I just have to finish off the little spiders and do a bit more border and I've completed that part of this months rotation. I'm then going to stitch on Snapperbets till the weekend before moving on to my small WIP next week. One disappointment is that Mum and I were supposed to work on the curtains for Lia's room this week but I've not been in any fit state to do so but she's coming back at the end of the month so hopefully we can get them done then.

A piece of good news is that when all the legal stuff is sorted out from my Stepdad's death I will get a bit of money. I kind of knew about it but it's all a bit convoluted due to changes Mum and SD made for inheritance tax purposes etc and I had no idea as to what I would get or when I would get it (it may have passed to Mum first).

It's enough that we can get quite a bit of work done on the house so DH and I are currently making a wish list of everything we'd like to do which we're then going to cost out and prioritise but I think if we're careful we can completely re-do the bathroom, replace the front and back doors, replace our crappy patio doors with french doors, repave the patio and get most of the back breaking garden work done by professionals.

Add to those major jobs some changes in the kitchen, a couple of new internal doors, some new skirting, minor electrical work and some painting and the house will be transformed! Obviously it's a bit of an open ended wait for the money as these things can drag on a bit but half the fun is in the planning and anticipation.

Thanks to all of those who have commented lately with kind words about my stitching and hugs for my moping! Apart from my physical bleugh of the last few days I'm feeling in a much better mood generally and have lots and lots of plans running round in my head for the months to come. Our social diary is filling up at an alarming rate which is always nice and I'm starting to feel the 'spring cleaning' mood which is good as the house is stuffed full of junk and could do with a serious sorting out.

Oh and finally, yes Sheila, Swallows and Amazons are just as good a read as an adult, I re-read them quite regularly and I hope that Lia enjoys them as much as I do when she gets to the right age...

1 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Glad that Lia got to enjoy the snow even if poor Mommy didn't. I hope that you are feeling better soon.
What fun to plan renovations to your home.

 

Total Pageviews