Friday 2 September 2005

Good things and bad things

Friday 2 September 2005
Bad thing - DD didn't sleep well at all last night. We're definitely spoiled now as she regularly does between seven and nine hours a night so when she wakes up after three and a half I feel really cheated. Especially as it took me over an hour to get her back off to sleep again. Still, it was incredibly hot and sticky and I couldn't really sleep so I don't know why I expect her to.

It wouldn't have been so much of a problem if I hadn't had a 9.00am doctors appointment this morning so I couldn't catch up with my sleep when DD had her morning nap as she didn't get one...

Still, the doctors was a good thing as I managed to sort out what travel sickness medication I can take whilst breast feeding and I'm going to be okay to travel. There's a whole rant involved with this topic but I'll cut it down to my useless doctor telling me I'll just have to do without and get on with it and the decent doctor I saw today (same practice, different GP) telling me there's no problem to use the patches that I use normally.

This is great news as, if you've read previous posts, you'll know that I suffer serious travel sickness (the last bout resulted in DD's arrival in the world!) and the idea of getting on a plane with nothing to aid the sickness filled me with dread.

Our second appointment of the day was a retirement party at my place of work. This should be a good thing but it's not. The lady who is retiring wasn't due to leave until November but was diagnosed with terminal cancer at the end of May. So really this wasn't so much a retirement party, more a 'so long it's been nice knowing you all' party.

It's true that it's always the nice people that crap happens to. I've worked with this lady for four years and she's always happy, ready for a chat and generally up for fun. Now she's planning her own funeral and saying goodbye to people.

I don't have anything profound to say about all of this but I am glad that I got to see her one last time and that she met DD as she spent nine months listening to my pregnancy tales and sympathising with me.

That's all for today, DD is catching up on her sleep now and it's the start of the weekend - two good things that, whilst they can't outweigh today's bad, they are enough to keep me going with a smile on my face.

Have a nice weekend people and don't forget to hug the people you love.

0 comments:

 

Total Pageviews